The New Uniden R7-NZ is the flagship model for the brand.The R7 is not a teeny-tiny detector by any means.
and for a good reason. The text on it is larger than Uniden models before, which helps in its readability. It has a light sensor and an auto dimming function that is dependent on the lighting conditions.
Directional arrows are located on all sides of the display: right, left, front and rear. And these can show alerts simultaneously, maxed out at four while also indicating the signal strength from each direction.
Depending on the strength, the arrows will change from green for weak, yellow for medium, to red for strong.
This is a strong contender for the Best Window Mount detector.
- Uniden R3-like performance with dual horns and directional arrows
- Uniden provides advanced digital signal processing (DSP)
- Dedicated New Zealand software
- Extreme sensitivity, highest ever from Uniden
- GPS with red light and speed camera alerts
- Free GPS database updates downloadable from Uniden
- BSM filter to filter out falses of K-band CAS systems
- Quiet Ride – User set speed auto mute
- Updatable via USB connection to PC
- Uniden offers a large, bright, and very readable full color OLED display
- Multi-function display includes voltage, compass, altimeter, time of day
- K false filter
- K Narrow/Wide
- KA false filter
- Ka Narrow/Wide
- Detects MultaRadar (MRCD/MRCT) sources well
- Cigarette adapter with MUTE KEY and USB JACK
- Carrying pouch
- Carrying case
- The R7 has slightly better sensitivity than the single antenna Uniden R3.
- R7 radar detector
- Single cup and dual suction cup windshield mounting brackets
- 12V cigarette power adapter with USB port and mute button
- Micro USB cable (for firmware updates)
- Neoprene pouch
- Carrying case
- User guide